Open Source Program Director
The OASIS nonprofit, member-driven standards body is launching Open Projects, a program that offers open source communities a path to recognition in international policy and procurement. We are creating the position of Open Source Program Director to ensure the success of this new program.
In this role, you will work with some of the most creative, interesting people on the planet to launch, grow, and support an innovative, game-changing program for open source projects. You will help members drive a broad technical agenda encompassing cybersecurity, privacy, blockchain, cryptography, cloud computing, IoT, legal, emergency management, augmented reality, and more.
Essential for this position is an understanding of, enthusiasm for, and experience leading open source collaborative projects.
Your duties will include:
- Identify and reach out to potential new projects and participants
- Facilitate the successful launch and operation of open source communities
- Help project leaders define their objectives, scope their work, and attract collaborators
- Ensure technical messaging in prospect outreach, web pages, etc. is compelling and technically accurate
- Mentor new community participants
- Promote work via social media channels
- Work with OASIS Events Manager to coordinate technical tracks, developer forums, training, and face-to-face community meetings
- Use experiences to help refine and improve the Open Projects program (both rules and best practices)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, consensus-building attitude
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a remote team
- Experience with open source software development practices, community management, and business models
- At least five years experience leading Open Source projects and programs
OASIS supports members throughout the world with a small but mighty staff of smart, spirited collaborators, most working remotely. We provide a fun, flexible culture where everyone’s ideas are respected and everyone’s contributions count. If you’re looking for a place where you’ll make a difference in the outcome, this is it. We offer exceptional benefits including generous FTO, 401k match, and family healthcare coverage.
OASIS is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job